Marty McDonald is the Co-founder and CEO of Bad Rhino, a full-service digital marketing agency based outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He has been in the digital marketing world since 2002 and has consulted with all kinds of small businesses and startups, helping them succeed online. Today, Bad Rhino is a social media marketing and digital agency that services clients locally, nationally, and globally, especially in the world of beer and golf. They’ve won top social media agency awards. Marty is also the author of Great Beer is Not Enough.
In this episode of the Smart Business Revolution Podcast, John Corcoran interviews Marty McDonald, the Co-founder and CEO of Bad Rhino, about building a digital agency. They also talk about Marty’s expertise in client success management, his recruiting background, and why he loves working with craft beer and golf companies. Stay tuned.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll hear:
• Marty McDonald explains how a business networking event in 2002 led him to digital marketing
• Why Marty worked in recruitment — and why he left it for digital marketing
• Is recruiting for Bad Rhino easy for Marty?
• How Marty started working with craft beer and golf companies
• Dedicating time to side projects
• Marty talks about his experience working with restaurants and craft breweries during the COVID-19 pandemic
• What Marty has learned about managing clients, nurturing them, and providing a great experience
• The peers Marty respects and how to get in touch with him