Making a checklist is an excellent method to get started in planning and preparing for a new digital marketing campaign. However, there are so many elements that go into creating a marketing campaign, you really need a checklist to get you going…
Set Your Objectives
When establishing a campaign, it’s critical to define your business objectives. Furthermore, you must do this prior to making any decisions about your strategy and tactics. Your business objectives will dictate which direction you should take and what results you want to achieve. Therefore, as a brand, what do you want to accomplish? These are your objectives.
The following are some examples of possible objectives:
- Publish Well Received Content
- Raise Brand Awareness
- Generate Positive Customer Satisfaction
- Maintain Profitability
Metrics in Marketing
Metrics, often known as key performance indicators or KPIs, are digital marketing measurements. Costs and revenue may parts of many areas of the campaign. The following are some crucial areas to concentrate on:
- Lead to Traffic Ratio: This indicator has to do with the number of leads who visit your website. The ratio is 10:1 if you have 1000 site views and 100 leads. This indicates that the conversion rate is 10%.
- Lead Cost: This indicator looks at how much your leads are costing you across various platforms.
- Customer Churn Rate: This number tells you how many clients you’re losing each month.
- Landing Page Conversion: This metric counts how many visitors to your landing page convert into customers.
SEO as a Priority
Although SEO is a long-term goal, it is still essential. According to studies, search engines account for 93 percent of all internet traffic. SEO factors include keyword selection, content relevancy, and mobile compatibility. These elements help to increase traffic, raise brand awareness, and drive conversions.
Here are some crucial SEO aspects to consider:
- Keyword Planning: Tools like as Google Keyword Planner will assist you in researching the most popular keywords as well as your existing keyword rankings. You can also employ an SEO company to assist you in doing a keyword analysis to discover the ideal keywords to use in your social media posts, website content, and blog entries.
- Backlink Analysis: Backlinks function by directing visitors to your website from a third-party site. These are frequently seen in directories and PR references on other websites. This is a factor that Google considers when determining your ranking.
- Rank Tracking: How many internet users will find you in a search depends on your global and local search rankings. If you want to view conversions, you should appear near the top of the page.
Content Assets for Digital Marketing
Any form of content that you could use in your marketing strategy is referred to as a content asset. The following are some of the most regularly utilized assets:
- Newsletters sent by email
Determine which of these assets would be useful for your particular marketing campaign. After that, decide what resources you’ll need to start with. In addition, decide what specific subjects you’d like to cover in each.
The Internet and Social Media
Social media should be at the top of your campaign’s priority list. In today’s environment, social media is an integral part of any brand’s marketing strategy. Therefore, here are some things to think about when preparing for social media:
- Material: Pieces of content that are both eye-catching and amusing are good. There are several ways to express your brand’s narrative, including photos, live streams, infographics, films, and interactive imagery.
- Communication Techniques: It is critical to communicate with customers in order to increase consumer engagement. Live chat, replying to reviews, direct messaging, and reacting to consumer comments are all excellent ways to increase contact and engagement on your social media channels.
- Automation Tools: Many platforms, such as Hootsuite, are available to assist you with your social media by allowing you to schedule content and publish it ahead of time. Other aspects of these systems include the ability to analyze your competition. These tools are quite beneficial when it comes to social media planning and posting.
Even if your checklist evolves as your company expands, having a basic foundation of where you want to start and where you want to go is still vital. These checklists can help you not only improve your marketing initiatives but also evaluate your brand’s evolution over time. If you’re looking for assistance creating digital marketing campaigns and strategies, contact us at Bad Rhino!